Even though I am a Texan by birth and Nick is a Texas transplant, we both still love our school with all of our hearts. My freshman year was 2000. The Sooners won the National Championship that year and my love of college football was cultivated. We are that annoying family stuck in the middle of Red Raider land who flies their Oklahoma flag proudly on game day!
We also have a few other Oklahoma treasures around the house. One of them is this vintage Sooner Schooner lamp. This was my great aunt's. I am not sure how old it is, but I would venture to say it is a 1960's product. Most of you all know I love vintage/retro items. This one is the real deal. It stays proudly displayed on top of our refrigerator 365 days of the year.
Another neat thing is this gorgeous table Nick's parents gave us for Christmas a few years ago. We love it.
We love these coasters of campus scenes.
I gave Nick this picture for our first anniversary. It still hangs in our living room.
On one of our end tables, we have two very special treasures. Nick received his Master's from OU in 2006. Here is a copy of his thesis. Quite impressive.
Another retro treasure is this notebook. My dad graduated from the University of North Texas, but in July 1968, he took some continuing education classes at OU. I still have his notebook. It is full of copious notes from his classes. How awesome is this?!
On OU's campus there is a gorgeous fountain. It is called the Gimeno Fountain.
This is such a special spot for Nick and me. It is where we shared our first kiss in November 2001. We went for a late night walk after the oh so romantically themed "Sig Ep Ghetto Fabulous" date party. I knew he was such a special boy and that kiss sealed the deal that he was the one for me. Two years later in November 2003, Nick took me back to the same spot and proposed. Here we are together six years later. One of our favorite things in our home is a large oil painting of the fountain.
It is huge and was a gift from a graduate student friend of Nick's. He had his family painter in Vietnam paint it for us based on pictures. It is so special and something I love to see every morning.
I did not get to watch the game on Saturday and heard we did not play too well. We still won, so hopefully that will change and we bring some Sooner magic next week!
5 hours ago


1 comment:
We have an awful lot of Sooner Pride here in NYC too! I am sure my neighbors think I am nuts! BOOMER!
Post a Comment