Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HOPEWOOD 2010- Lights, Action, CURE!

Well it's that time of year again, HOPE time!  HOPE stands for Hutchinson County Oil Patch Extravaganza.  It is an annual gala to benefit the American Cancer Society. It is actually the largest American Cancer Society fundraiser per capita in the country.  Big time for Borger!   You can read about HOPE 2009 here and HOPE 2008 here.  It is always a beautiful event for a wonderful cause.  
This is the first time in five HOPE's that Nick and I did not chair a committee or volunteer.  We simply went as guests this year and had a great time.  The theme was something after my own heart...HOLLYWOOD!  They called it, HOPEWOOD: Lights, Action, CURE!.  I love the theme! It was super fun because not only was it Hollywood, but HOPE still has to have an overall western feel.  So, it was Hollywood at the beautiful Crutch Ranch!  Here are a few of the decorations so you can get an idea of all the glitter!



The decorations were breathtaking!  My sweet friends worked so hard to make it all come together.  Nick and I always joke and call HOPE a "date party" because you park at a central location and ride a charter bus to and from the ranch.  It sure brings back thoughts of those Sig Ep and Kappa days!  Fortunately the weather was beautiful and everything just perfect.  Here is what it looked like when we arrived...




Of course we had to take a picture by the HOPEWOOD sign!


And once we walked in on the red carpet...the fun began!

Nick and me...


Marci, Cristen and me...
Jody, Jenny, Susan and me....




Lindsay and Justin (Lindsay is expecting a little boy in January)...


Cristen, Marci, Susan and me...


Once the sun went down, the HOPE sign was in it's full glory!


The Headliner band was Sawyer Brown.  OK, so I think I have made it more than clear through my blogging that I am NOT a fan of country music and that is putting it mildly.  However, like all the bands that perform at HOPE, they did put on a great show.  They did a few covers and had a great time so that makes it much for palatable for this non country listener!



No Justice followed Sawyer Brown as the dance band.  They did a great job as well.



Even though it is a blast, it is always a moving night;  I pray that one day we can find a cure for Cancer.  It is such an awful disease. It attacks young and old and men and women.  It certainly does not discriminate. I feel like I hear of a new person in my life developing this awful disease all too often.  I am so thankful for all of the HOPE committee chairs that worked their fingers to the bone for the past 10 months.  Thank you and someday we WILL find a cure.  

4 comments:

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I love that theme!! And your dress :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly you look so glam - that dress is fantastic!!

Kimberly said...

What a cute theme! Looks like fun. What kind of boots are those? They are way cool. I am having a pair custom made.... it's taken so long I've forgotten what they look like!

Keri said...

Tiffany was so sad to be missing out. We have heard so many great stories about HOPE! Looks like a great time!